I think the exhibition was beautifully hung and it is a lovely light space to work within and view paintings. It was great to have the opportunity to have live music and also a Palestinian menu at the cafe. My father would have been absolutely delighted at such marvellous integration. The whole atmosphere at Coexist is just right – a pleasant blend of formal yet accessible and friendly.Cathy, daughter of Cornwall artist/painter Roger Farnworth – April 2016
The Gallery Description
- The Hamilton House gallery is an ideal place to show your artwork or host an exhibition of any kind. We’ve had a variety of artworks and exhibitions on display here from professional artists and photographers to collectives of the non-art kind and even a tipi show! We are open to all possibilities. The gallery is a large, light and airy space with white walls and a grey concrete floor, situated on the ground floor of Hamilton House opposite The Canteen, with easy access to Stokes Croft, including disabled access via a ramp. The space can be used in many ways from a 2D art show to installations and 3D work; as well as events and workshops for up to 50 people. It is also the home of Coexist IN HOUSE Pop-Up Shop. Hamilton House Gallery strives to support emerging artists throughout the community of Stokes Croft, Bristol and the wider world, and also to bring the world of fine art to the world of stokes Croft.
- Our gallery space is spread across two rooms, below are the dimensions for each. Please note, hiring the gallery space will include both rooms.
Gallery – Floor space: 53m2 Wall space: 21.4m
- Room 1 – Floor space: 21 m2 Wall space: 10.5m
- Room 2 – Floor space: 32 m2 Wall space: 10.9m
- 1st floor, Access – Via Stokes Croft Entrance with disabled access
Gallery – Up to 50 people
- Room 1 – Up to 20 people
- Room 2 – Up to 30 people
We offer the gallery space for hire on a weekly basis, at £280/week. (Licensees/Not for profit/Charity discount rate: 25%).
Coexist takes 30% commission on all sales*.
*Coexist adds a charge of £30 per week for exhibitions that choose not to sell any work.
For a full pricelist CLICK HERE
We welcome proposals from anyone, large or small, individual or group. We accept proposals throughout the year, and also release dates for different programs at certain time during the year.
We promote all events through our website, printed programme, newsletter and social media pages. We ask you to supply us with an approx. 80-word blurb and an image to do this. If you wish to advertise elsewhere you are welcome to do so and we can provide you with a logo and particular information to support this.
At Hamilton House Gallery we are able to and encourage support of any event that you may wish to hold as part of your exhibition, whether that be from an opening night or private view to workshops and talks. These can take place in the gallery itself or you wish to consider our suite of events spaces as well.
Thank you for your help with the pop up shop, the young people felt it was really successful. We had good footfall throughout the day and it was great for them to be able to showcase their work on a professional platform.Annette, Creative Youth Network – March 2016
Great place to exhibit and friendly/easy to deal with. The new bigger space is good so 2 people can share. Handy to be able to pick our launch night when we wanted to so that more people could come; it was also great to be able to bring drinks and snacks for friends.Gabrielle (photographer) – March 2017
Thanks for giving me the opportunity – the exhibition was a success in terms of kick starting the project – the space was perfect for the amount of work and it was fine to install stuff. Overall I am happy with the experience and the gallery works really well staff really helpful.Hal, mixed media artist – April 2017