Thinking of running an event? CLICK HERE
Sketch-Up: Performance Creation Lab Workshop
November 16 @ 6:30 pm - November 18 @ 8:00 pm£135
Tickets Available – Click Here!
Sketch Up: Performance Creation Lab
Working on a performance piece? Or want to? Structure it & cultivate the joy of creating!
A weekend workshop to craft your unique performance piece. With group exercises, 1 to 1 feedback & a showcase opportunity.
Whether a solo spoken word piece, a duo clown piece, storytelling, or a physical theatre sketch.
– Give space to exploring your inner world, what your inner self yearns to express at present through body & words.
– Sensitively work from this starting point to create.
– Identify the theme by looking at what emerges through improvisation.
– Look at how we use space, movement, voice & text. Exploring these as tools to communicate with your audience.
– Structure an emotional arc – offering audiences a complete journey – no matter how big or small.
Some people may come with a sketch idea in mind and others may have no idea what they wish to create. If you the latter applies, you are invited to bring an object, story, picture, animal, anecdote… or some material to use as your point of departure.
DATES & TIMES
Nov: 16th – 18th
Fri 6:30-8:30pm | Sat 11-6pm | Sun 12-8pm
Friday evening will include intro exercises & sharing a snippet (approx 5 min) of where ever you are with your work, even if that is at the VERY beginning, all will be welcomed.
Full days: there will be one hour lunch breaks.
£135 General Ticket
£115 General with Discount
£95 Bursary Place
2 available. Please write to course organiser (ms.deborah.antoinette.ward@
FURTHER OPPORTUNITIES & SHOWCASE:
In addition to the weekend workshop – you can submit your piece for the Cure Cabaret – Showcasing Emerging Bristol Talent at Hamilton House, Nov 23rd, in a joyful & warm atmosphere. See www.hamiltonhouse.org for full info.
Deborah Antoinette Performance:
Please don’t hesitate to contact Deborah if you have any questions regarding your performance piece, or practicalities:
Deborah is part of the CoResist Artists Collective, resident at Hamilton House. This is workshop is produced in partnership with CoResist.